Job Posting – Technical Sales Design
Established in 1979 and incorporated in 1983, BRC Group has grown into a leader in the research, development and manufacturing of high quality ergonomic office furniture and architectural walls. BRC is a Canadian-owned private company with modern manufacturing facilities in Georgetown, Ontario. BRC Group of Companies incorporates two companies under one umbrella brand: BRC Group for corporate office furniture and Stylwall Inc. for their architectural wall products.
BRC offers a competitive remuneration package.
BRC strives to create a work environment that will challenge you on your career path, as well as provide the tools to enable a positive work – life balance.
The Technical Sales Designer will be the key point of contact for clients, answering queries, providing technical advice, creating quotes & technical drawings. This role reports to the Manager of Inside Sales & Client Services.
Critical Skills Required
- Strong customer service focus
- Engineering & design background or aptitude
- Creative thinker
- Exposure to CAD software
- Capable of project managing
- Team player
- Organizing sales visits.
- Liaising with existing clients.
- Build long term client relationships.
- Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations.
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Reviewing cost and sales performance.
- Providing product education and advice.
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings.
- Lead the planning and coordination of all special orders and mock-ups.
- Facilitate and define quote details, specifications and scope.
- Identify and Communicate additional resource requirements.
- Communication of project/order tasks and/or procurement requirements.
- Develop full scale project plans as required.
- Coordinate project meetings as required.
- Record project costs, get cost approvals when necessary.
- Identify costing challenges and/or cost reduction opportunities.
- Physical verification and confirmation of project details (In-Plant).
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Design & engineer creative solutions for custom product.
- Gather full understanding of client requirements.
- Project management required on larger projects.
- Participation in constant improvement process
- Work with internal departments when necessary
- Attention to detail
- Strong technical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer focused skills
- Teamworking skills
- Commercial awareness
- 3D CAD experience
- Problem solving with critical and creative thinking
- At least two years industry experience
- Read/write/speak fluently in English
- Design or Engineering diploma/degree
- CAD – AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Inventor, Solidworks
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Adobe applications
- Manager of Inside Sales & Client Services
- Excellent attention to detail
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing