About the company:
BRC Group is a leader in the research and development, manufacturing of high-quality ergonomic furniture in North America. We are currently hiring for our manufacturing facilities in Georgetown, Ontario, Canada. We inspire, challenge, and adapt to the changing needs of its consumers since 1983.
Reporting: Operations / Plant Manager
Schedule: 7am – 4pm (MON-FRI) Full Time
- Drive company 28’ feet straight truck and 16’ cube van to various vendor and/or customer locations to pickup/drop off materials (GTA area and cross provinces occasionally.
- Receive product/ process paperwork, tag with BRC number where necessary.
- Inspect/reject material according to prescribed ISO 9000/140001 procedures.
- Pair up packing slips with PO’s and file with Inventory Coordinator / Receiver.
- Maintain the inspection logbook and ensure the proper documentation material is available prior to loading product and material for transportation.
- Ensure daily inspection of the truck is completed and to report any Defect or mechanical damage with the truck to the reporting manager.
- Disbursement of inventory to allocated locations.
- Assist in inventory and packaging areas , labelling and strapping while not driving and ensure proper product is in the correct bin/location when/as required.
- Always represent the Company in a Professional manner.
- Operate the company vehicle in a respectful, clean, careful and safe manner.
- Maintain all receiving documentation, including packing slips, waybills drawings etc, and pair with copies of the original purchase order maintained in the dated file folders held by purchasing.
- Maintain clean organized receiving areas with clearly labelled products, bearing BRC part numbers, Order numbers and descriptions.
- Some heavy lifting is required at times – wherever possible, use the appropriate lifting device (dolly, pump truck, etc.) and/or, seek the assistance of another worker/shipper/ or material handler to assist with moving heavy or uneasy loads.
- Be alert, cautious and courteous and always drive according to weather conditions.
- Safety shoes, safety glasses , protective gloves and mask must be always worn.
- Report all incidents involving BRC equipment, or first aid or medical related injuries or incidents.
- Provide HR department with any renewed license , address change or any updates.
- Only use equipment that you have been properly trained or certified to drive/operate.
- Valid AZ or DZ License
- Clean driving record (CVOR and Abstract)
- Previous experience driving a 28-30 feet truck is preferred
- Good Communication skills, and Positive Attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume, manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in language (English – Speak, Read, and Write) is preferred