Sales Specifier / Designer
BRC Group is a manufacturer of commercial office furniture located in Georgetown, Ontario. We have an immediate opening for a Sales Specifier/Designer in our Inside Sales Department. Reporting to the Inside Sales and Client Services Manager, the Sales Specifier/Designer will build creative solutions, prepare quotes for our Dealers and liaise with Client Services and Design Engineers during the process. The ideal candidate must be very detail-oriented, have excellent customer service and organizations skills as well as the ability to prioritize work and problem solve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare furniture layout drawings, renderings, 3D drawings and complete proposal packages.
- Create quotes for our Dealers by identifying the customer’s requirements including scope, budget and competitive information; create a solution, and source all pricing.
- Audit specifications against drawings, producing order-ready documentation. Consult with Dealer for any changes or revisions.
- Effectively communicate the product specifications, the design and value.
- Prepare accurate orders to include product specification, quantities, discounts, pricing, and other service instructions and/or direction.
- Manage complex tenders, which includes the comprehensive review of documents, furniture specifications, application and product strategy.
- Manage multiple projects; establishing acceptable timelines, effectively prioritizing them while maintaining a high level of accuracy and productivity, and ensuring the work is completed on time.
- Consult with the Engineering Team in the layout, design and space planning of furniture specifications for client offices.
- Provide professional customer interface by regularly attending client planning meetings to determine furniture needs and develop solutions to meet these needs.
- Offer technical design and creative consultation to customers by answering routine and highly specialized questions regarding furniture solutions.
- Verify finished approval drawings against specifications and order details; obtain customer sign-off.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of BRC’s furniture lines, including features/benefits, pricing, application and specification options.
- If required, work with Project Manager on project development and execution.
- Keep management informed by submitting project updates.
- Other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
We are looking for someone with 2 – 3 years experience in following areas:
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Software
- Project Matrix, Project Spec and AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Must be able to modify existing drawings and create new drawings in a timely fashion.
- Furniture knowledge and experience is a requirement; experience at an office furniture dealer and/or furniture manufacturer would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required in previous roles
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural plans, specifications, and elevations
- One to two years of related work experience: commercial office furniture, architecture and interior design, commercial real estate, construction
- Professional selling skills; business acumen
- Proven negotiating skills
Do you have what it takes?
This position requires direct communication with our Dealers and Reps requiring excellent customer service skills, good time management and the ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment. In addition to your organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attention to detail, the ideal candidate would also have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills (teamwork)
- Flexibility to pivot on a dime, switching from one project to another without confusing the details
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to take the initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication
- A preference for working in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with great opportunity for growth.
- Extended health care; benefits available immediately
- Tuition reimbursement to support your career progression
- Employee merchandise discount
- Casual dress
- Partial work-from-home option
- Culture-driven, dynamic company with a strong team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Additional pay: Bonus/Commission pay
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment required on-site
- Plastic shields installed at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, cleaning procedures in place
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to Rachelle Mulé at email@example.com